Silica-based fiber products.
Silica fibers are manufactured by a continuous drawing process from special formulas. This manufacturing process ensures uniform fiber diameters.
Silica fibers are amorphous, without surface porosity nor shot. Typically, the fiber has a diameter of 9 microns, which is not respirable and therefore is not classified as carcinogenic according to Directive 97 / 69EU.
General characteristics of SILFORM products:
Standard SILFORM formulation PHB11ES
- High refractoriness (melting point> 1500 ° C)
- Working temperature, 1100° C.
- Excellent insulation properties, low density and high resistance to thermal shock.
- Homogeneous structure. Can be easily machined.
- Excellent resistance to chemical attack of condensates from condensing boilers
- Because there is no shot (unfiberized parts) there is a minimum percentage of dust compared to products manufactured with conventional fibers.
- They are not classified according to the European Directives 97/69 / EC and Directive 98/73 / EC.
Special SILFORM formulations:
- High refractoriness (melting point> 1600 ° C)
- Working temperature, >1300° C.