Polycrystalline fiber based products.
These fibers contain more than 70% alumina, are manufactured by the sol-gel method. The fibers obtained are of high purity, with uniform diameter distribution and very low-shot. Nutec Procal manufactures two types of polycrystalline fibers, mullite fiber (72%Al2O3) and high alumina fiber (97% Al2O3).
They have the following characteristics:
- High refractoriness.
- Application temperature up to 1650 ° C.
- Excellent insulation properties, low density and high resistance to thermal shock.
- Homogeneous structure. Machinable.
- Excellent resistance to chemical attack.
- Since the shot percentage is very low, the products have a very small quantity of dust in comparison to products manufactured with AES and ASW.