AES Wool Based Products
The AES wool (also known as low bio-persistence) is a non-directional agglomeration of fiber with varying diameter and length distributions. The fiber is amorphous with more than 18% of alkaline–earth elements in its composition. For this reason it´s exonerated from carcinogenic classification under the European Directive 97/69 / EC.
Nutec Procal manufactures products with two types of AES wools, classification temperature 1100°C (2012°F) and 1300° C (2372°F).
Products manufactured with these wools have these general characteristics:
- Operating temperature up to 1200°C (2192°F).
- Good insulating properties and high thermal shock resistance.
- Homogeneous structure. Machinable
- Good resistance to chemical attack except phosphoric acid and concentrated alkali.
- Are exempt from classification under the European Directive 97/69 / EC and Directive 98/73 / EC.